Thursday, March 09, 2006

March 9, 2006



Kaleb turns 3 today. Kind of mixed emotions for me. My baby is no longer a baby, he's a big boy. Yet he still has moments where he wants to snuggle in the rocking chair.

He was so excited this morning when Scarlett and I went in and sang him "happy Birthday". I get my Thomas cake now he said. He was quite upset to find out he had to wait until lunch at daycare.

His party is this weekend with his friends, he has Victoria, Jessica, Kate, Ty, Alexis and Luke, Jaidyn and Lukas from school coming to McDonalds. Tonight at the house we are having Grandma, Grandpa Tokarski and Andrea and Dana. Of course its a Thomas Cake again for the 2nd year in a row.

I think he will love the presents we got him, some more Duplo Thomas (what a shock I know) and a really cool trampoline.


Mom and Dad got him a new quilt and sheets for his bed and a couple Thomas Trains.

Scarlett picked out Annie and Clarabel for him, which he will love.

Kaleb at age three, is a very loving, energetic, non-stop boy. He is developing a bit of an attitude, telling me what to do. His favorite things to do are play with Thomas, his farm set, and watch his movies (Thomas, Letter Factory )

We still have no attempt at potty training, he shows no interest, and now won't even go on the toilet, were not to worried it will come with time.

His favorite sayings are " Do you want one of these" as he shakes his fist. Or he will say "Mom do you want a cookie, and when you say yes, he says well you can't" He also loves locking the van door just as I try to open it, and then has a huge smile and big eyes giggling about hwat he has done.

Every morning he gives me a big hug and says "Good morning hugs". At night he goes to bed so easily, he says, Goodnight, I love you, blows me a kiss, gives himself a big hug and we rarely here from him again". We do have to tell all the monsters and shadows in the room to get out and go away, I have to lift the blind and make sure nothing is behind it.

He loves to play the Letter Factory board game and knows almost half of the letters now. Were still working on colors but I think its stubborness that he won't tell me the colors rather than him not knowing it.

He has recently moved from the Sunbeams to Twiddlebugs at school. and is thriving being with the bid kids. Him and Scarlett now get to play together at daycare which is great.

He is so in love with his sister, wants to be with her and play with her. If I give him something to eat, he demands some for Scarlett, won't let me do something for him and not for her.

No comments: