Thursday, March 16, 2006

What can you say about a girl with an attitude!

Scarlett has perfected the art of eye rolling, sighing, and getting on your last nerve.

Each day you wonder which child will crawl out of bed. The happy girl who wants to come and snuggle for a moment and talk about the day ahead. Or the little demon girl, who will start the day with "I hate you" "I want a new family".

She wants to be a big girl, who can stay up late, she wants a TV in her room, and most especially wants to play Barbie.com 24 hours a day. When told no, she can't control her feelings and launches into a litany of I hate you's.

On the good days (which still outnumber the bad by far) she will come into my room around 6:00 and snuggle under the covers. She will kiss my face and wake me up. She doesn't like it if I get up right away, she wants mommy time. We lay in bed and discuss who her best friend is this week. (believe me it changes almost daily). We talk about our day, what were going to do.

She still loves her brother, and looks out for him but I can see the beginning stages of her wanting less to do with him. She has recently announced that she wants to bath alone. She doesn't want him to see her private parts and god forbid she see his.

No comments: