Monday, February 26, 2007

Pics of the kids and their great Grandparents from Christmas Day...



My grandparents live in an old age home about a 1/2 hour from us. My granfather is on an alzheimers floor, and has no memory of any of us, but is still happy to have us visit him.
I will give him a hug and kiss and say Hi Papa. He will sit back look at me and say "I don't know you do I" "Yes Papa, its Kimberly I'm your oldest grandchild" "No, I don't think so, I never seen you before"
Very sad to see, but its also conforting knowing that he while he can't remember us that he is still happy to see us.
I try to take the kids every couple weeks, I tend to grab donuts or something to keep the kids busy, and we only stay about 20 min but you can see how happy it makes him to visit.
My grandmother lives on another floor, where she can go and see him anytime she wants. She too is slowly losing her memory, and it is getting hard to go and see her with the kids but I still try.

No comments: