every day I send her to school with gloves, a hat, boots and a coat. Everyday she comes home missing at least one thing.
I have to make a point of going into the classroom every couple weeks to collect her stuff.
At its worst, I found 4 Kile hats, 3 sweaters and an assortment of miss matched gloves.
Yesterday thou hit an all time low, she didn't bring home her coat, hmmmm a major piece of clothing, a coat. On a day where the temperature was in the 40's, and it was raining, she somehow managed to come home just in a t-shirt.
Did the teacher not notice, the bus supervisor, the bus driver anyone.
No, luckily for her the weather hadn't changed for the worse, but today it is pouring rain and we are expecting a huge storm tonight with 15-20 mm of rain and 2-15 cm of snow.
I have tried writing it in her agenda, leaving a note in her back pack but nothing works.
When she got to daycare yesterday, her teachers decided that as a natural consequence of not remembering your coat, she couldn't go to the park with her class, instead she had to stay behind and play in the Kindergarten yard. But that backfired and she asked this morning if she could do it again, she said it was fun playing with her brother.
I am at a loss as to what to do, I would love to let her go without a coat and freeze (the logic being maybe she would learn a lesson) but as winter is fast approaching I can't bring myself to do that
So I guess as the dutiful mother I will continue to go to school and collect her belongings.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
-
I hope you’ve all been doing well, staying safe, and (hopefully) getting
back to some glimpse of normal. I know normal is a relative term, and I
swear, I s...
6 years ago
1 comment:
Hey Kim ~ It doesn't get better as they get older! "MOM I FORGOT.... MOM CAN YOU BRING ME...ETC ETC."
Loved reading your blog and seeing a little of your family and of what you have been up to.
Kimberly Colliss (SHIRRAN)
Post a Comment